Pathway to your dream school
College admission process is a learning process. It’s about self-discovery, broadening perspective, and building meaningful relationships.”
Jennifer Kim M.A. Columbia University
The Founder of HJK Admission Consulting and an admissions expert, Jennifer Kim is a Columbia University graduate and a licensed school counselor with a masters degree in education. Jennifer has a personal experience applying and getting acceptance to top schools such as U.C. Berkeley and Columbia University. Using her personal and professional experience, Jennifer has helped many students both domestic and international place into their top choice universities with her highly personalized, strategic, thoughtful, engaging, detailed guidance and professional network.
HJK Admission Consulting
HJK specializes in helping students and their families achieve their educational dreams. By leveraging more than a decade of experience and top track record, HJK provides comprehensive and holistic guidance on researching, targeting, and packaging college applications as well as scholarships.
California Pupil Personnel Service Credential (PPSC) School Counselor, prekindergarten through grade 12 Certified Korean Language Translator, National Language Service Corps (NLSC)
2018 – 19 Life Changer of the Year Nominee
2017 – 18 Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction, National Society of High School Scholars
2017 – 18 Nominated Committee Member, Independent Schools Associations of the Southwest
2016 – 17 Member of Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
2016 – 17 TC General Scholarship Recipient – Teachers College, Columbia University
- American Educational Research Association
- American School Counselor Association
- American Counseling Association
- Kappa Delta Pi
- Independent Educational Consultants Association
- International Association for College Admission Counseling
- International Society of Learning Sciences
- National Language Service Corps
- National Society of High School Scholars
- Get to know your student’s interests, aptitude, and attitudes
- Help select high school courses and activities that highlights and excites the students
- Help select a compelling topic and craft effective, winning essays that will stand out to an admissions committee
- Collaborate with other professionals in the field to expand the student’s possibilities
- Get students into universities where they can grow and thrive as young adults
- Develop a balanced list of colleges based on student’s academic, social, personal, financial needs, and desires
- Develop application strategy (EA, ED, ED2, RD, and other admission programs)
Find out how Jennifer can help your child succeed in a complimentary 40 min consultation.
Professional admission consulting
Based on your needs
College GPS Package
that assess where you are!
- Provide an evaluation and suggestion based on students’ academic history
- Review of transcript trends, extracurricular activities, and students’ strengths and weaknesses
- Make recommendations on course selection
- Provide a strategic action plan for standardized testing; test prep strategy, exam choice, development of timetable
- Provide thought on possible majors and types of schools to explore
- Answers to your questions about college admissions process
College List Research Package
to find the best fit!
- Explore criteria for selecting the right college and university
- Guide students to research colleges based on their criteria
- Present a list of schools based on criteria developed collaboratively with student and family
- Help locate webinars and virtual college tour links to help students and families explore college options
- Help coordinate campus visits, if possible
College Application Prep Package
to stand out from the crowd!
- Develop an application strategy
- Provide guidance on early and regular application cycles
- Provide advice on getting great letters of recommendation
- Calibrate resume to make a stronger and more compelling profile
- Help connect with the admission representatives and counselors to show demonstrated interest
College Admission Essays Package
price vary by number of essays
- Common Application Essay
- Common Application Supplemental Essays
- Coalition Application Essay
- Apply Texas Application Essay
- University of California Personal Insight Essays
- UCAS Personal Statement
- Other essays priced upon request
- Conceptualize, structure, and develop essay topics that streamline with the entire application
- Comprehensive editing with comments on topic, structure, tone, and mechanics
High School Comprehensive
Full Service Packages
Freshman and sophomore year, students need to work with a counselor to identify interests, plan challenging course load, select appropriate and impactful extracurricular activities, and summer experiences.
Junior year is the most critical college prep year. Students need to continue to perform well in the classroom and craft a challenging course load for senior year, finalize a balanced college list, develop an application strategy, and begin to brainstorm a compelling personal statement.
Senior year, students will finalize their college list, and all application elements including personal statement and all supplements in order to complete their applications well ahead of deadlines.
Service Academies Package
The 5 US Service Academies:
- US Military Academy at West Point
- US Naval Academy at Annapolis
- US Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs
- US Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point
- US Coast Guard Academy at New London
- The Process Begins Early in 11th Grade
- Must apply for a Nomination from the US Congress for all Academies, except US Coast Guard Academy
- Must be Nominated in order to be considered for an Appointment by an Academy and the US President
- Must also be deemed a ‘qualified candidate’ by the Academies (physical, character, and academic)
- Nominations provided by US Congressman (House of Representatives), US Senators (two per state), or the Vice President of USA
International Student and
International University Admissions Package
Customized based on needs and desires.
College Acceptances & Scholarships
AND MANY MORE!
Helping students get into their dream school.
Mrs. Kim helped me out so much in time of need. Last year, I was having lots of trouble with my life. I was living in a condition and with people that were not the best for me and Mrs. Kim encouraged me until the end and helped me figure out what I needed to do to get out of the situation I was in. I am in a better place in life because of her. Even in college at the University of College London in UK, her words inspire me to do my best and to not give up. She has made a tremendous impact on my life and who I am as a person. We still stay in touch and she continues to cheer me on to be the best version of myself.
University of College London
Mrs. Kim is an encouraging, dedicated, and knowledgeable college counselor. She was an unparalleled resource for my classmates and me during a process that is often stressful for students. She excelled at understanding my goals for college and my future career, and she devoted hours to discussing what schools would be strong matches for me. Mrs. Kim’s detail-oriented perspective was invaluable in helping me determine my personal story. She goes above and beyond not only to counsel students, but to push them to challenge themselves personally and academically. Mrs. Kim’s kind and intelligent nature made the college application process enjoyable, and I am immensely grateful for her guidance and support.
I’m so thankful that Mrs. Kim came to Dallas International School when she did. She took a senior class that was wavering and uninformed about a lot of the college process and gave us the tools, the support, and the real advice we needed not only to get into the universities we wanted, but also to dream bigger and see how to continue our ambitions once on campus. Mrs. Kim has a great encouraging, uplifting presence that I could go to for anything. She is a valuable resource and support for the high school students as she pushes them to follow through and realistically attain their goals.
Mrs. Kim’s help and counsel was instrumental in making my college dream come true. She guided me every step of the way, from choosing the right colleges and major, to essay writing, and communication with admissions offices. She never tried to impose her views over mine. Every idea I expressed was considered in an open and constructive matter, which led me to tremendously improve my essay writing skills and most importantly to feel confident in the story I was choosing to tell. I was impressed and touched by her undeniable trust and support. Having her so involved and caring really helped me go through the difficult parts of this process and allows me to enjoy my present successes even more.
University of California, Berkeley
Mrs. Kim is not only an excellent counselor but also an amazing person who has a positive impact on everyone she meets. She’s an incredible college counselor who pushes and guides her students through the college application process so they can go to go to the best school possible. Mrs. Kim leads by example as she is extremely driven but also kind, which would explain the fact that students feel comfortable around her and come to her not only regarding college applications but also to talk, ask questions, or even have a good laugh. I will be attending the U.S. Air Force Academy as a tennis recruit and I am extremely grateful of her support through the complex and competitive process.
United States Air Force Academy
Jennifer Kim is a remarkable professional who is a fully dedicated and tireless advocate for her students. She invests all of her energy, passion and many talents into making sure that her students are best positioned to achieve their goals. Somehow she manages to provide each student with bespoke services for each application, essay, and scholarship—hard work personified. Jennifer provides vast wisdom and strategy to the increasingly complex and overly competitive university admissions process. She knows intimately each of her student’s emotions, skills, and goals, and she guides them with a steady hand and encouragement. She is a true LifeChanger!